Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Starting things off!

I'm starting up a new blog, since my journal over on Squarespace was clunky and difficult to work with. I really only have new content that I can post every other month or so, but I'd like to keep up a regular blog, so I thought that rather than talk about myself, I could write and post portfolio reviews for some of you guys. I'm not an expert on every aspect of art and painting by any means, but I think I've accumulated some information over the years that might be useful to people, and I'd like to share what I can.

If you are interested in participating and would like me to review your portfolio, please submit 3-5 images as links (keep the files under 1mb) to jdillon82@gmail.com, with the subject line: ATTN: Portfolio Review. If you have a website, please include the link so that I can include it in your post. Also let me know if you have any specific questions about your work, and if there is a specific field you want to work in (ie, illustration, concept art, fine art, product design, etc).

I'll post at minimum once a week, but hopefully will be able to post at least 3 times (MWF) as my schedule permits.

I'll list the queue of artists on the sidebar so you'll know where you are in the list and how much longer it'll be until it's your turn.

I will post my new artwork here, as well, but those updates will be considerably less frequent, unfortunately. 

All right, lets see how this goes! :) I'm looking forward to getting started!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that's really generous of you to do! If I felt like I had my work in line, I'd email you immediately. :) I definitely will in the future, though.

    ReplyDelete